We may obtain information that will allow us to personally identify you when you visit our site. We may use this information to contact you about Townsend Security products and services.
We generally do not give, share, sell or transfer any personal information to a third party, unless otherwise specified on a landing page (For an example of a landing page where information is shared with a third party, see http://web.townsendsecurity.com/webcast-top-3-ibm-i-security-tips/). However, since our sale of certain products to Visions Solutions, Inc., as described in the press release dated May 21, 2018, we will share information with Vision and/or its parent company Syncsort Incorporated about anyone interested in those products.
When inquiries are e-mailed to us, we store the question and the e-mail address information so that we can respond electronically. Unless otherwise required by statute, we do not identify publicly who sends questions or comments to our web site.
The information, text, graphics, and links provided herein are provided by Townsend Security as a convenience to its customers. Townsend Security does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, and other items contained on this server or any other server.
If you have a cloud or software service subscription with Townsend Security, Townsend Security or its third party hosting service provider may collect data regarding your usage of the service, which may be used to help increase the stability of, or help make improvements to, the service. Neither Townsend Security nor its third party hosting service provider will be responsible for the security, protection, or loss of data you transmit, store, or create using the service.
USE OF SOFTWARE
The software and accompanying documentation available to download from this site are the copyrighted work of Townsend Security. Use of the software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, which accompanies such software. If no license accompanies the download, the terms of the license which accompanied the original product being updated will govern. You must not use, download, or install any Townsend Security software unless you agree to the terms of such end user license agreement.
USE OF WEBSITE INFORMATION
Except as otherwise indicated on this site, you may view, print, copy, and distribute documents on this site subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The document may be used solely for informational, personal, non-commercial purposes; 2. Any copy of the document or portion thereof must include all copyright and proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original; 3. The document may not be modified in any way; and 4. Townsend Security reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from Townsend Security.
2. Documents specified above do not include the layout or design of this web site. Elements of this site are protected by trade dress or other laws and may not be imitated or reproduced in whole or in part.
3. Documents specified above do not include logos, graphics, sounds or images on this web site, which may be reproduced or distributed only when expressly permitted by Townsend Security.
Warranties and disclaimers; liability limitations
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE IN AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND TOWNSEND SECURITY, ALL INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TOWNSEND SECURITY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TOWNSEND SECURITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM: (1) RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS PRESENTED, (2) COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS, (3) LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, (4) DELAYS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, (5) AND ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION) WHETHER OR NOT TOWNSEND SECURITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WEB SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER INACCURACIES. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY MADE TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. HOWEVER, TOWNSEND SECURITY MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE
Linking to our site
Townsend Security permits anyone to link to Townsend Security web site subject to the linker's compliance with the following terms and conditions: A site that links to Townsend Security web site:
1. May link to, but not replicate, content contained in Townsend Security site;
2. Must not create a border environment or browser around content contained in Townsend Security site;
3. Must not present misleading, false or defamatory information about Townsend Security services or products;
4. Must not misrepresent Townsend Security’s relationship with the linker;
5. Must not imply that Townsend Security is endorsing or sponsoring the linker or the linker's services or products;
6. Must not use Townsend Security logos or trade dress without prior written permission from Townsend Security;
7. Must not contain content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, or inappropriate for all ages;
8. Must not contain materials that would violate any laws;
9. Must agree that the link may be removed at any time upon Townsend Security request pursuant to Townsend Security reserved rights to rescind its consent to allow the link.
Third-party web sites
The Townsend Security web site contains mention of third-party products and services for informational purposes. Townsend Security makes no recommendations or endorsements about third-party products and services. References to third-party services and products are provided by Townsend Security "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.